About the opportunity
We are seeking a Team Lead for our Cost Management Services – Buildings team, based in Brisbane. In this senior role, you’ll be responsible for leading team and project profitability and growth by implementing and following the strategic direction and objectives of the business, managing projects and client relationships. You’ll also be responsible for informal coaching, leadership and mentoring of team members.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and advising the most appropriate design, construction and procurement process to the client
- Accurately forecasting and assessing the cost, time, quality and buildability of a project
- Preparing or assisting in preparation of pre-contract documentation
- Assessing design and resultant costings
- Undertaking feasibility studies
- Managing and delivering cost planning, estimating and cost management services
- Developing and expanding the client base.
To ensure your success in this role, you’ll have postgraduate Quantity Surveying experience in a relevant field such as: civil, buildings, mechanical, electrical, process systems, at an Associate/Senior Consultant level. You’ll have a desire to lead and mentor people.
You’ll also have the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent experience Quantity Surveying or related field
- Membership of AIQS, RICS or equivalent
- Strong background and experience in professional cost management services in public and/or private sector.
- Experience developing and building business relationships at a senior level.
- Experience implementing business and/or project plans.
- Experience monitoring team and/or project budgets and forecasts.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered. To be considered, you will need to apply directly to Jacobs by clicking ‘Apply Now’.
In January 2017, Aquenta Consulting was acquired by Jacobs Engineering Group and is now a Jacobs Company.