Aquenta was engaged to prepare the Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) and Operational Expenditure (OPEX) for the reference design being developed for the Project and involved the provision of following services:
- Quantification of the scope of the project
- Development of the construction methodology and sequencing
- Pricing of the construction costs
- Input of technical and cost advice to the risk analysis
- Investigation of the escalation profile over the delivery of the project during both the construction phase and the operational phase
- Development of the operational and maintenance costs over the 30 year concession period.
All cost data was provided as inputs to the financial and economic models for the project and ultimately the final business case that was submitted for funding approval.
Cost Estimating, Constructability, Risk Assessment and Evaluation, Planning, Operational and Maintenance Costs.
The cost advice provided to the client gave the business case a robust basis for undertaking the financial assessment of the project. This work was undertaken in a short time frame to meet demanding political timelines, however this analysis led to greater visibility of project costs, allowing for cost-effective amendments to be incorporated in the business case.
Image courtesy of Department of Transport and Main Roads (QLD)